The first full week of every month is "Color Week". Your child may choose to wear different colored leotards and tights (shirts and pants for boys) to class.
Summer Dance Dress Code
Tots 1 students only need ballet shoes
Tots 2, Pre-Ballet and Tap, and Dance Basics students require Ballet Shoes and Tap shoes
Rudimentary (Level 1 and Level 2) students require Ballet, Tap, and Jazz shoes
All other techniques – Sports bra/leotard, form-fitting solid shorts that cover well, tights are optional and per the teacher's preference, jazz shoes and tap shoes are required for their respective classes, clean sneakers for hip hop, bare feet or socks (if deemed by the instructor) for all other classes
• Boys – black shorts, white shirt, black ballet and/or jazz shoes, black leather tap shoes
Lake Shore Dance offers a full boutique and order-out program, as well as a used shoe buy-back and sales program to get your supplies!
Children's Class Dress Code: Tiny Dancers, Tots 1, Tots 2, Pre-Ballet and Tap, Dance Basics, Level 1 and Level 2
Pink Footed Tights
Pink Leather ballet shoes (please, no slippers)
Black Patent Leather Tap Shoes (Tots I will not need tap shoes)
Hair pulled back out of the child's face (ponytails, pigtails, braids, and buns are acceptable for long hair)
Skirts may be worn
Black pants or shorts
White plain t-shirt or tank top
Black leather ballet shoes
Black full sole tap shoes (Tots I children will not need tap shoes)
Training Division Dress Code: Level 3 through 8, by class type
Ballet and Pointe
- Hair pulled back into a clean bun. We recommend a high bun for class.
- Black Leotard, any style.
- Pink Footed Tights (Convertible tights are acceptable)
- Pink split-sole ballet shoes of choice.
- *Pointe dancers must take ballet class en pointe once a week at the discretion of their pointe and ballet teachers.
- No necklaces, bracelets, or dangling earrings.
- Ballet skirts and sweaters may be worn. Leg warmers may be worn at the discretion of the instructor.
- Form fitting white or black tank top/men's leotard
- Black leggings or male dance tights
- Black split-sole ballet shoes
- Longer hair must be secured back away from the face
- Active wear that allows for comfortable movement and that does not cover the feet nor ankles.
- Black full sole tap shoes - tie shoes are preferred.
- Active wear that allows for full range of movement while maintaining adequate coverage and support: Choose from leggings, full coverage sports bras, form fitting tank tops, leotards, active wear shorts that comfortably cover, jazz pants, and tights.
- Students will need to be able to dance barefoot in all of these classes.
- Jazz dancers will also need to wear pull on jazz shoes in dark tan (or closest flesh color) for jazz class.